Disclaimer: Some links on this page are affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you make a purchase through these links. See our full disclaimer here.
Finding the right gifts for car lovers can be complicated. You want to give them something unique that fits both their personality and their hobby, but this can be quite a challenge. Keep in mind that being a gearhead is about much more than cars themselves – it’s a lifestyle.
Not just modes of transportation, cars ultimately represent freedom and independence. They offer endless possibilities to explore new places, whether that’s simply taking the scenic drive home from work or going on a week-long road trip, and many car lovers will tell you that their prized possession even has a personality of its own.
If your loved one is passionate about cars, this is the perfect opportunity to give them a gift they’ll appreciate and use for years to come. However, they might be particular about what kinds of products, gadgets, and tools that they use, so try to get as much information as you can about what they enjoy and what their collection may be lacking. After performing some stealthy research into your gearhead’s unique tastes, review our list of the most popular choices to make this their most memorable holiday yet.
Gifts for Gearheads 2021
When it comes to shopping for yourself or a beloved gearhead, there are plenty of unique gift choices ranging from tools, organization, décor, and even fashion. Shopping for your gearhead doesn’t have to be difficult with this wide range of selections.
If the gearhead in your life spends most of their time in the garage, you might as well start decorating it! When it comes to the right gifts for car lovers, you can’t go wrong with décor specially designed to upgrade any garage or man cave.
Related Reading: Tips for Decorating and Using Your Garage Space
Personalized Garage Clock
– There is just something nostalgic about having a retro clock in a working car garage. If you’re shopping for someone who appreciates the 1950s vintage look, this is a must-have piece of décor. This clock can also be personalized to fit in perfectly with your gearhead’s current space.
Gear Shift Bottle Opener
– Arguably a tool and an accessory, a gear shift bottle opener makes a welcome addition to any garage or home. If your gearhead enjoys a cold beverage after a long day in the garage, this is the right tool for the job. This bottle opener can be personalized, and even when it’s not in use, its elegant look will elevate the look of their space.
: The Definitive Visual History – Add some personality to a coffee table (or workbench) with a book featuring the most iconic classic cars. Ideal for those car lovers who also enjoy a good read, this book provides historical insight into vintage automobiles from the 1940s to the 1980s. It has over 1,3000 stunning photos and comes with two poster-style prints for your car lover to hang in their favorite spot.
– Many gearheads are turning to Petrolified for their home décor needs. This online shop sells high-quality digital illustrations of a multitude of cars, all created by artist Martin Miskolci. The images are vibrant, crafted with the utmost precision, and provide a clean, minimal look to any garage. You can also opt to upload a photo of your own car and have the artist make a custom print just for you.
World Car Logos Giant Garage Sign
– An impressive centerpiece for any space, this black and white sign features a puzzle-like collage of car manufacturer logos, old and new. It is made with thick, satin paper and consists of 8 separate panels that come together to create a 4ftx3ft sign, earning it a place of prominence in your garage.
Gifts for gearheads can even include fashion. From funny t-shirts, socks, driving gloves, and even classic cufflinks, there is a fashion statement to be had for that special someone in your life.
Funny Graphic T-shirts – If you have a gearhead that is hard to shop for, odds are they will get a kick out of these funny yet comfortable T-shirts. They come in a wide range of sizes and colors, making them an easy choice for any car enthusiast in your life that wants to share their passion with the world while also getting a good chuckle. Some design ideas include, “Life is too short to drive boring cars,” “Race hair, don’t care,” “I’m not old, I’m classic,” “I’d rather be in my garage,” and “Save the Manuals.”
Iron and Resin Shop Apron – A high-quality shop apron is both practical and fashionable but is something few people will splurge on for themselves. This luxury apron is made in the U.S. with heavy-duty waxed cotton canvas, premium cowhide leather, and copper rivets. It has a crossed, over-the-shoulder design for extra comfort and comes with roomy front pockets to keep all the tools and materials you need within easy reach.
– Classic, comfortable, and stylish, leather string-back gloves make any car ride a special occasion. Popular in the 50s and 60s, these throwback gloves were worn by professional racers to protect their hands from wooden steering wheels and keep their palms cool and dry during even the most heart-pounding laps.
Gear Shift Cufflinks
– Talk about elegance. This is a thoughtful gift for a loved one who prefers spending their days getting dirty in the garage but also cleans up from time to time for a night on the town. Manual car cufflinks are a perfect way to give a subtle nod to a life’s passion while elevating any formal attire.
If your gearhead is all about practicality, you certainly can’t go wrong with these unique accessories.
Floor Mat Drink Coasters – Not all gifts have to be serious. Made of silicone, these fun and dishwasher-safe coasters are inspired by floor mats and feature the same grooved designs to protect your surfaces from heat, condensation, and spills.
Jerry Can Hip Flask
– If the car enthusiast in your life prefers sipping spirits to cracking open a cold one with the boys, a hip flask makes a stylish statement and keeps their liquid courage close at hand. Just like classic Jerry Cans have served motorists well for almost a century, this stainless-steel flask that mimics the classic Jerry Can design can hold 6oz of liquid, so your gearhead is always stocked in case of emergency.
Tire Coffee Mug
– There’s no such thing as too many coffee mugs, especially when your loved one is often wrenching away in the garage until the wee hours of the morning. Made to look like a stack of tires with a wrench-shaped handle for easy gripping, this mug is dishwasher safe and perfect for both hot and cold beverages.
Govee Car LED Strip Lights
– When it comes to showing off a prized car, the interior is just as important as the exterior. Quick and easy to install on any vehicle, Govee LED strip lights can showcase your car’s curves for admiring passersby. They feature different colored lights controllable through an app and come equipped with a music sensor, creating an entirely new experience within your vehicle.
Complete Emergency Car Kit
– This is a crucial accessory for anyone who enjoys long drives or exploring new spots far from home. An emergency car kit comes with a first aid kit, duct tape, bungee cords, safety vests, emergency ponchos, body warmers, blankets, 24 ounces of pre-rationed water, and two granola bars in a waterproof bag. It even comes with a deck of cards to keep yourself occupied while you wait for service.
Amazon Echo Auto
– Easy to install and affordable, the Amazon Echo Auto integrates the Alexa we know and love into the car for both entertainment and assistance. It connects to the Alexa app on your mobile device, plays through your car’s built-in speakers, and comes with eight built-in microphones to make voice control seamless.
When it comes to repairing and maintaining a vehicle, you can never have enough tools. Whether you are shopping for a skilled mechanic or a novice, tools are a great way to show the gearhead in your life that you care.
BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro Scan Tool
– This tool is great for the gearhead who always seems to be working on a car. Compatible with both apple and android devices, it scans your vehicle for issues, reads codes, and sends diagnostic results to your phone with potential causes and fixes. Using this gadget, you can reduce the time you spend assessing a problem and free up more time to fix it, right from your driveway.
– With this can, you’ll never have to tip a gas can again. The Sure Can is designed with a spout at the bottom, a thumb safety trigger at the top, and a flexible rotating nozzle that fits into any machine. Available in multiple sizes, it makes storing and pouring gas a breeze, prevents spills, and helps keep your shop safer.
Makita BTW450Z High Torque Impact Wrench
– Makita is one of the most trusted names in garage equipment. This impact wrench is powered by lithium-ion technology and delivers 325 ft pounds of torque with 1,600 RPM for superior fastening. Designed to take on the toughest jobs, it also has a compact, ergonomic design with a soft grip, shock-absorbing handle for maximum comfort.
ThisWorx for TWC-01 Car Vacuum
– A car’s interior should be just as cared for as its exterior, but even the most fastidious car owner is guilty of spilling crumbs occasionally. Your gearhead can keep their car impeccably clean with this lightweight, compact, and powerful vacuum, even in those hard-to-reach places, thanks to the 16ft cord. It features a 106-watt motor, washable HEPA filter, large dust pin, and several attachments for professional-level detailing.
Even the largest collection of tools is only useful if it’s organized and easily accessible. These picks can save you time and hassle, making any job easier.
Leather Tool Wraps
– When it comes to keeping your tools close at hand for a specific project, a leather tool wrap is a perfect accessory. This wrap is made with genuine leather specifically crafted to accommodate the weight of heavy tools. It contains several slots and pockets for holding various tools and includes a buckle to clasp the wrap shut and secure your tools when not in use.
Craftsman 6 Drawer Heavy Duty Tool Chest Organizer
– Craftsman is one of the most well-respected brands for storage and organization, and this tool chest is a must-have for any car enthusiast that will last a lifetime. It is made to store both small and large handheld tools. Six drawers in three different sizes roll easily on ball bearings and hold up to 75 pounds. This organizer offers 1.9 cubic feet of storage, a hinged top section for bulky items, and a key locking system to protect tools and other small valuables.
– Keeping your car neat and clean is no easy feat, but this accessory can make a world of difference. Arranging groceries, sports equipment, camping gear, hunting gear, tools, and more is a breeze with a sturdy, flexible trunk organizer. Many models include an inner mesh pocket, sub-dividers, and even handles for easy maneuvering. Some are collapsible, making them easy to transfer between vehicles.
Don’t Stress Over Presents – We’ve Got You Covered
Finding the perfect gifts for car lovers doesn’t have to be difficult. Whether you are looking for something fun or practical, there are plenty of customizable and unique gift ideas for the car enthusiast in your life. Show that special someone that you truly understand their passion for all things auto with any of the gifts above, and they’ll be sure to have an excellent holiday season.